Monday, May 12, 2008

12 May 2008--My Mother's Day

I have to write about Mother's Day Celebration. Guess who made "bati" first thing in the morning? It was Jimmy, our moustached landlord. Of course Corky beat everybody by greeting me the eve of M.D. Spanky made missed calls, 23 times because my phone was muted for the rest of the Iron Man movie my granddaughter and I watched at Glorrietta. Nice movie. I didn't fall asleep. But, what was awesome was the gift given to me by Voughnn--it is a cute green plastic flower witha blue stem taken from his toy house. I was so touched that it's really an ultimate gift that warmed my heart! Andromeda treated me with 'obscene'-tasting doughnut with a cup of brewed coffee. Nice. Of course, Myra e-mailed her greeting. Ember who is a block away did send me this message:

"There's a story behind everything--how a picture got on a wall; how a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But, behind all your stories is my mother's story, because yours is where mine begins."

Dodi and Felma's greeting took a while because as usual I didn't hear the call since my phone was tucked under the sofa cover. Succeeded on second call with the good news that Kassie was qualified to face the panel of cowell of american Idol--I think this guy is gross and mean to the contestants. By the way, Kassie is a contestant for the "X-Factor" Show. I hope she makes it.

There's also my son, Marco. He calls every day. And, I'm thankful he didn't forget about Mother's Day. He called a lot. More than anybody else did; he has been sick but still he cared for his mother. I am very grateful to have such children and grandchildren.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erroneously funny...my comment on ur mother's day piece shud have appeared here but it got posted instead on ur donsol piece but what the heck...ur being a most wondrous mom in the world had it's beginning in that sleepy town of Donsol, a place etched forever in ur heart and in ours too.

Anonymous said...

Hello lola :)
I love your blog. You write so well. Unfortunately, I'm sure you already know, I dodn't make it. Oh,well. I'm in university now and having an amazing time :)
Love you xoxo