Sunday, June 1, 2008

Snippets (The Second)

Why do I vividly remember faces and sometimes names of classmates and childhood friends and teachers who terrorized us students and persons who showed me kindness, when I can't recall most of the time the birthdays of my grand children and wedding anniversaries of my children. this is also true to my poor recollection of the birthdays of my sisters and brothers and other important occasions in the family. This is funny because the fiesta in Donsol in honor of the patron saint Joseph is etched forever in my mind. Is it because of my aging brain which withstood time at 74 thank you my God, that my whole being now is responding to the natural forces of psychological phenomena. So I asked psychologists what to call this syndrome.

Yesterday my fair-haired son Todd really made my day. We chatted through the YM about his present life in Dubai, enjoying tremendously this rare moment of mother-son talk. What made me feel good was his passion to publish my book about Donsol and our clan. Here's a revelation : Todd says that ever since he accidentally read a page from my journal at a young age, he made a vow to go on a publishing career inspired by my writing . He only shared this inner desire while he's miles and miles away from home. He's gonna publish my book he says, even if it takes only the two of us to rave about it. But without batting an eye lash I told my sister, sister-in-law, cousins, relatives and friends in the States that a super book authored by me, of course, is making its way to the press and see print before the 2010 national elections. That will really be the day! And so a silent campaign to hard sell the unpublished book is heretofore launch. Let me see, in U.K. friends of Felma and Dodi: church members, classmates and teachers of Kassie and Kandice nearing a "multitude" at latest count will surely make my book hit best seller status, di ba? What about the LGU in Donsol, surely they will buy one or two copies for their library. And I'm deadly sure most of my "supposed" friends, (and I think they make up a barangay in count) will jump with glee to eagerly read my book to criticize it to death.

I will be scholarly in my approach in dealing with the historical perspective of Donsol--geographically and demographically. Here's a teaser: Do you know that Donsol is geographically situated at the center of the Philippines--equidistant to the North and the South. I say that the Central Government, MalacaƱang, should have been established in Donsol due to its commanding and strategic location, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'll contribute to that phenomenon...;p

Anonymous said...

Oooh, lola. You really should! I'll be waiting.. :)